Monday, November 5, 2007

Revolution are going to the conference championship!

So I went to the playoff game at Gillette stadium this Saturday night. It was quite an experience.
The remnants of hurricane noel were present and not only was it cold and rainy it was ridiculously windy. When I opened my car door it almost got blown into the vehicle next to me. I was beginning to think this was a bad idea but it turned out ok. It was cold but I was prepared and it stopped raining by halftime.
On to the game action. Only one goal but I had great seats and was totally into it whole time. In first half Revs had more chances but both teams had balls go just wide or over.
In 2nd half, Shalrie Joseph has a fabulous pass to Ralston who lays it off for Twellman who just manages to get it in the near post as the NY keeper and defenders try to kick it out. The stadium erupted and I was very happen. NY fought back admirably but failed to equalize.
The Revs now have qualified for their 6th straight conference final and our a win away from their 3rd straight MLS Cup Final.
Chicago is a hot team but the Revs are at home and I am hesitant to say that this is their year finally.
Depending on the weather my prediction is NE 3, Chi 1.
Heres to the Revs.

Also if anyone wants to go to the game email me.

No comments: